Strut , The Fashionable Mom Show: Whirlpool & Twitter Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. U.S. ONLY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. The Whirlpool Strut Snap & Win Sweepstakes (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the 48 Contiguous United States (and the District of Columbia) who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Employees of Whirlpool Corporation and its respective related companies, as well as their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members are not eligible to win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Sponsor: Whirlpool Corporation, 2000 N. M-63
Benton Harbor, MI 49022-2692
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the contest, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding.
4. Timing: The Contest will begin at 12:00 a.m. (Eastern Time) on September 2, 2013, and all entries must be received by September 9, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
5. Entry: The following rules apply to each submission:
If you’re not already, please follow @Whirlpoolusa (https://twitter.com/whirlpoolusa) on Twitter.
Simply snap a selfie (ces-2013 of yourself) in your favorite color, and tweet @WhirlpoolUSA and use #WhirlpoolColor AND #STRUTMOMS; contest runs from 12:00 a.m. ET on September 2, 2013 to 11:59 p.m. ET on September 9, 2013.
Limit one (1) entry per person/Twitter account per day; entrants can enter for the chance to win each day, limit one prize per person/Twitter account. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account entry is submitted from at the time of entry. Authorized account holder is the person who is assigned to the Twitter account by the online service provider. Multiple participants may not share the same Twitter account. All entries become sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Automated entry devices are prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right to void entries made through robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method and to disqualify any individual using such a method. Proof of submission of entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by the Sponsor. Participants may not register with multiple Twitter accounts or email addresses or use other device or artifice to register multiple times or as multiple registrants. Any Participant who attempts to enter with multiple Twitter accounts or email addresses under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times is subject to disqualification and prize forfeiture, in Sponsor’s discretion.
All entrants hereby agree that upon submission of their tweet, Whirlpool shall have an unlimited license to reproduce the tweet, and create any derivative works of the tweet in perpetuity, and that Whirlpool shall have the right to publish in any media whatsoever the tweet (including any reproduction or derivative work) and use it in perpetuity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s use of entrant’s name and likeness for any lawful purpose, including promotional purposes, without further compensation. By entering the contest, entrant represents that entrant created the tweet for his/her entry into this Contest. Upon entry, each entrant (on behalf of him/herself and his/her child/children) also releases Whirlpool from all liability arising from his/her entry in the Contest and use of the prizes, and agrees to sign any additional documentation which Whirlpool may reasonably request addressing this or any other Contest rules. Whirlpool reserves the right to request from any entrant additional documentation it reasonably believes is necessary to validate any entry or award any prize.
Whirlpool (“Sponsor”) will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, post-due, misdirected, copied, transferred, illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. You acknowledge that in posting your tweet it will be freely accessible to the public and you grant Whirlpool the right to so display. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
6. Prize: One (1) Grand Prize includes: (1) Whirlpool® Smart Front Load Washer with 6th Sense Live™ technology (Model # WFL98HEBU) and (1)Whirlpool® Smart Front Load Electric Dryer with 6th Sense Live™ technology(Model # WEL98HEBU).Up to Approximate Retail Value $3,300. For all prizes: Installation, delivery and haul away of old appliances is included. Taxes associated with each prize are the responsibility of each winner. No other substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of greater or equal value.
7. Winner Identification: Winner will be selected at random on or about September 10, 2013 from list of eligible participant tweets. A total of one (1) winner will be chosen. Winner is subject to verification by Sponsor. Twitter’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Giveaway. Decisions of Sponsor with respect to the Giveaway are final.
8. Winner Notification and Acceptance: Winner shall be notified via Twitter Direct Message to the winner’s Twitter ID as recorded in the winner’s Twitter account on or about September 10, 2013; winner must respond back via a direct message via Twitter within 48 hours. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed, except that prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within ten (10) days of date of postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within ten (10) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to an alternate winner. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in Twitter account information, email, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Release: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless, Whirlpool Corporation, each of their related companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize.
12. Limitations of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes.
13. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, other than the administration of the Sweepstakes or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Michigan (Eastern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THEABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
14. Winners List: Sweepstakes winner will be announced onwww.twitter.com/whirlpoolusa as soon as the winner is notified and finalized.
15. Sponsor. The Whirlpool Twitter contest is sponsored by Whirlpool Corporation, whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Whirlpool – Public Relations Department: Whirlpool firstname.lastname@example.org.