The campsite equivalent of a laundry room
Ready to go without your Whirlpool® washer and dryer for a week? While you’re out in the wilderness, use these simple substitutes.
1. Bring biodegradable laundry detergent or dish soap in a small resealable container, a bottle of stain pre-treatment, a clothesline (unless you use the lines that are tied to your tent stakes), and some clothespins.
2. Haul out your biggest cookpot or better, a pail.
3. Boil water if you’re washing cottons; use cold if your laundry is made of high-tech synthetics.
4. Use clean tongs or a stick to agitate hot loads.
5. Wait for the water to cool to a safe temperature, then remove clothes, squeeze, and hang to dry over your clothesline or shrubs (without thorns!) near your site.